Greg Saiz Apr 26 •
General Support Resources / Frequently Asked Questions
We strongly recommend users on our Legacy Audio service (775 996-3560) to switch to Fuze Symphony, our next generation audio platform. All users should plan to migrate before June 31st when the old platform is scheduled to be removed from service. The switch is fast, free and has the following benefits:
- Significant improvements in audio sound quality when using Internet Audio (VoIP)
- Meeting Numbers are utilized to join via phone (no longer a different audio room number)
- Hosts with back-to-back meetings will no longer have "barge-ins" from attendees trying to join the next meeting
- Improvements in system prompting with lower volume tones that don't interrupt conversations
- Lower latency - improved Audio and Video synchronization
- Faster overall performance including availability of meeting recordings
- Improved reliability and a global infrastructure
- More improvements such as active speaker notifications are coming soon!
Before you upgrade, please take a moment to read these steps. Because Symphony uses new dial-in numbers, it will be necessary to resend invitations after you upgrade. 1) Make sure you are running the latest Fuze client by removing the current version and installing the latest at fuzemeeting.com/fuze 2) Cancel any outstanding Fuze meeting invitations 3) Upgrade your account via preferences 4) resend invitations once your account is upgraded. IMPORTANT NOTE: If your account has the International Add On, please do not migrate your account until May 24th.
To switch, login to your account, choose preferences and select the "Upgrade Audio Conferencing" option. Once your account is upgraded, you will be taken to the phone conferencing page where your new numbers will be displayed. If this option is not visible to you, you do not need to upgrade.